1. 30% of power given to ECG is lost either through technical losses or theft. Every percentage lost amounts to GHS60m.
2. The energy sector find now is seriously cash strapped to the extend that, we now live in a debt merry go round.
3. In trying to end dumsor, we have to improve the financial management and structuring within the energy sector and that is what i comment to do.
4. The problem has largely been one of how money has been managed in the energy sector.
5. ECG is owed GHS800m by its own government, I don’t know a company that can survive in such conditions.
6. As it stands now, roughly 40-45% of installed capacity is idle. It is idle because we can not get the gas.